View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #1
Contr_eras

Garage
Door Speaker Help! (Solved)

Hi all I just replaced my stock door speakers with Kicker 46CSC54 speakers. The car is a 2004 and I'm 99% sure I have the option 490 Hi-Fi sound system as I have the door speakers and an amp. I'm pretty sure I don't have the Bose system but the sticker with my option codes is so faded its unreadable. I know for sure I don't have the base system The new Kicker speakers are 4ohm, 75W RMS, 225W max. When I pulled the stock speakers out, they said 4ohm on the back and there was a sticker on the housing that stays on the door that said 70W so once again I'm pretty sure they should work. Once I installed them (just pulled the old speakers out and put the new ones on using the same connectors) there was no sound at all at low volumes and at high volume (25ish) they would just crackle whenever there was bass in the song. I'm just confused at why they aren't working at all, If the install wasn't so simple id assume user error. Again, since the install was so easy, I didn't bother to test before putting the door cards back on so once I figure it out, I'm going to have to do it all over again. Also, my left side stock speaker didn't work at all before I replaced it and still doesn't, I didn't see any obvious signs of failure, but it was also dark and cold, so I didn't spend a ton of time looking. The entire sound system is completely stock, and I seem to be learning the head units tend to crap out after a while. I'll attach some photos along with the post.
Link to my aftermarket speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-22JIgp876fc/p_20646CC54/Kicker-

46CSC54.html

Last edited by Contr_eras; 04-23-2024 at 12:44 PM.
Contr_eras is offline   Reply With Quote