View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 07:24 AM   #18
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
I'm interested! ...but wow, that thread is 78 pages long!

I didn't honestly see too many posts about 986's specifically, so I gave up. I have a single DIN aftermarket headunit that doesn't retain its settings when I turn the car off. Thought I would finally get around to pulling it out and trying to fix that, but man, having tighter connectivity with my iphone would be awesome!

How do I know if I have this "MOST" thing I'm seeing? I have an amp and a cd changer in the front trunk, and rear add-on speaker thing. I don't think I have a subwoofer anywhere that I know of. I have a '00 base model.

I might roll the dice on that cheapest one for $185 (2GB/32GB).

Do you have any direct links to any "plug and play" or wiring pics from that huge thread for the 986?

EDIT: dumb question, if I wanted up-to-date GPS on the headunit, which version would I need? Do i have to pay for cell service separately for it work? I don't know what the LT, LTE, non-LTE versions mean.
You don't have MOST so no worries there. Hopefully whoever installed your HU didn't get rid of the OEM wiring harness. If you have a "subwoofer", it is your door speakers.

If you look on the site where the unit is sold, you will see my review with a picture of my connection. I bought the one with more memory, it wasn't much more. I always figure more RAM and memory is always a good thing, but I have no idea whether or not it makes a difference but I will say my unit is very responsive, YMMV. As far as GPS goes, since you have an iPhone, you will be using your GPS in your phone. I am very happy with this unit, it looks great and works great! In fact CarPlay on this HU works better than the unit in my 2022 Honda Ridgeline.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote