View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 04:44 PM   #12
dukeferris
Fancy Person

About 5 years ago I sold my 2001 s2000 with 190k miles on it and bought a 2001 Boxster S with 45k miles.

I bought it on craigslist from a dead guy's family (he was old), so I cannot be sure what all was done. Obvious was the wheels, intakes, an aftermarket front bumper with side marker delete, Cayman spoiler, and custom exhaust. It also came with the removable hardtop, which I highly recommend.

He might have done the IMS or not, but to be honest, it's a rare enough occurrence that I would have taken that gamble and not done it either way.

I replaced all the fluids and checked everything I could. Replaced the water pump that was working, but starting to seep a little.

I put in a new double DIN touchscreen with backup camera, did more subtle black badging, and removed the secondary cats. I've been considering a short shift kit (I miss the S2000 shifter) but the reviews for shortshift kits seem mixed.

Other than what I did above, the only issue I have had so far is the air/oil seperator.

I am very happy with my decision. The Boxster is both faster and more solid. It also had 150k fewer miles and shows it. Car nerds were always more interested by the S2000 but regular people are far more excited by the Porsche. I get a lot of compliments, and have a lot of fun here on the backroads of Sonoma, California.

dukeferris is offline   Reply With Quote