View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 03:26 AM   #13
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfGal View Post
One thing I've learned over the years working on cars is to always listen to those with greater knowledge and experience. Every forum I've ever been on, from C++ programming to this one, has had a Big Dog, someone who knows the subject cold. It became apparent early on that JFP is 986Forum's Big Dog. We're fortunate to have his input.
There are a few fairly large canines on this forum, but personally the two that always catch my attention are JFP in PA and 78F350... for different reasons.
I hope I don't insult anyone, but this is how I see it:
JFP explains how to do the best job so that the customer (or yourself) will be very happy and will never come back to complain. If your need a special Porsche tool, buy the special Porsche tool.
78F350 on the other hand helps those of us that are financially challenged, ready to take some risks mechanically and are willing to accept that if we screw up it's our own fault... and we are fine with that. If your need a special Porsche tool, have a look in the scrap metal heap and see what you can come up with...
Like I said there are a lot of others with experience who give very useful advice but these two are my favorites.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote