Thread: P0455 inquiry
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

P0455 inquiry

I've done a fair share of reading about this code, and my circumstance may have occured to others and someone might have insight on how to correct it.

Last Friday... Saturday I drove away from the pump... with the nozzle resident in the filler tube. I heard the plastic hose rub against the car, immediately stopping. Hose disconnected at the nozzle, but remained hanging by the two small tubes inside the primary hose. Anyhow...

I removed the nozzzle, came right out. However, I noticed that the filler tube housing (?) (the metal hole in which you place the nozzle... the surrounding metal "housing" slight was ajar, ever so slightly "tourqued", "pulled" towards the rear of the car. Surprise! The same direction the nozzle was headed when I pulled away fron the pump. I can see it, but it is slight.

Anyhow... before I begin taking the wheel liner off, getting all up in her... I'm wondering if anyone has been through this, or might recommend an order in which I should examine. I don't have a smoke machine.

To compound the problem... my running out of gas fiasco which led me to look into the tank (empty) has left the car with a gas smell. It wafts. I returned to the sleeve above the fuel sending unit... removed it... also noticing a small pool of gas atop it... then tightned it to the point where the dab of old glue aligned with where it was before I forst removed the sleeve. Got the sleeve all snugged up... snapped the fuel lines back on... sealed her up... and the smell remains. Once I have some direction on the P0455 matter I'll examing the fittings on the sending unit... thinking maybe something is cracked.

Thanks, fellas.

Last edited by Starter986; 08-23-2023 at 02:14 PM. Reason: OCD
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote