View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 10:36 AM   #74
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
... The Boxster's low ride height takes a toll on the bottom of the front bumper cover as well as the underbody panels...
I learned this lesson again yesterday, pulled into a driveway entrance that didn't look all that high and seriously scraped the bottom of the nose both arriving and leaving. No structural damage.

Today I did a serious road test from home to the US border to pick up alternator parts that Homeoboxter sent me. Over 200 KM with stop and go city traffic, a long haul on the highway, 15 minutes of idling at the border crossing, rain and sun. No problems, oil pressure and temperature behaved themselves and the car ran great. My only complaint is that the transmission is a bit hard to get into first when stopped and the clutch is not as smooth as on my base 986.

Tomorrow we are off for the weekend, we will put about 800KM on the car for the return trip. I changed the "break-in" oil that was in the engine and checked the filter, no metal at all, some very small brown plastic bits, likely left over from before I changed the timing chain pads.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 08-17-2023 at 04:45 PM.
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote