View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #72
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
I have not used the quick jack enough times yet, but always wander if the balance of the car would be upset (and fell off..) if I tried to raise the car one end of the car while the car is up on the quick jack.

The reason I am asking this is because I built a set of wooden crates that I use to put the car up with the weight on the tires to perform the alignment, and the process is a bit tedious since my car it's pretty lowered and require to use the floor jack several times to put the car on top of the crates, somewhere.

But if the rear, or the front axle, can be raised more (off the quick jack..) with the floor jack it should make the procedure way quicker, but was afraid of the car falling and getting damaged.

PS: I have a picture of the car on top of the wooden crates if someone wants to see it.
Yes you have to be careful with the Quickjacks, they become unstable if not loaded equally front and back. My situation is more complicated because I use extensions that sit on top of the Quickjacks and make it long enough to reach the Boxster lift points. These extensions move around as soon as one end is not loaded... that is why I am so interested in finding a way of removing the engine with just the clearance provided by the Quickjacks.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 10-21-2023 at 04:19 AM. Reason: correction
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote