View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 09:47 AM   #65
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepperracing View Post
Somewhat unrelated question for you. With the Quickjack, which direction did you use it? I have mine with the hose pointed towards the front of the car, so when you raise it, the front of the car moves backward, and the locking arm is diagonal from upper right to lower left, looking at the drivers side. This seems logical as most of the weight is rear/middle, as opposed to a front engine car where they show it the opposite with the hoses coming out the back. I've seen pictures on here and they are the opposite of what I did. I have the 7000 model for reference. If I should turn it around I can, but it seems solid the way it is.
I have used mine both ways, lately I have done it the opposite to you (front of the car moves forward) because I had to use my engine hoist to lift the rear of the car to get the engine out from underneath, and it is less likely to tip forward with the installation that way. I have changed a few things and now don't need to raise the rear of the car so it doesn't matter anymore.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote