View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 10:34 AM   #22
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvolari View Post
Yes, that is the question....
I have posted this same question on Facebook M96 Engine Gurus and Lee Jenkins of Hartech seemed to think it's not so bad and just put it back together and drive it...

I really want to see what shape that piston is in but don't want to pay for ARP con rod bolts, more gaskets and seals and probably the internal tensioner pads and arm and whatever else I'm forgetting like rings, etc. Is it dumb to open a case and not replace all the rings? I suppose it is but what do you guys think? ...

So what do you guys think? If you had a couple thousand more dollars budget, what would you do?
If you disassemble far enough to see the pistons you might as well do the crankshaft and rod bearings, so add that and new bolts for the bearing carrier, crankcase and the heads, $$$$.

Hartech supposedly knows these engines so I would listen to that advice. I should post pictures of the cylinders of my blown 3.2 engine, which are worse than what you have, on that forum and see what they say.
Pictures of my engine are here:
http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/82796-what-can-i-do-3-2l-engine.html
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote