View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 07:09 AM   #125
Tomikaze
Porschephile

2023 Update

Car still on jack stands. Life gets in the way. Decided to do a mild suspension overhaul over the winter months. Good thing I'm not a flat rate technician. I'm somewhat handy but never dabbled with suspension. I just took my time, used my service manual and watched a bunch of videos on YouTube.

Picked these up back in December from a Spec Boxster guy who was upgrading...

Missing some parts so I thought I would just call up Bilstein and order the missing pieces. Think again. Only sell them as a full kit. "individual pieces would not work well together because the springs are matched to the shocks. It would be a safety issue." Bull********************.

Tarett Engineering to the rescue. Got me slightly stiffer springs (but not Spec Boxster stiff) and all the missing goodies. Picked up some used adjustable camber plates off the forum...

Looks like I was fully committed at this point. I also took the time to clean up all the cast aluminum bits with steel brush bits and steel wool. All those parts look like new now.

The rears are quite a bit more involved.

Starting to come back together...

The it was all so pretty and clean that I had to throw in new set of rotors and pads...

Next up tires and an alignment...