View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
ukchris

The tip really is very versatile, if you're sat at a light and want a quick take off drop it down in to first.. it really isn't needed most of the time but it's fun to try.

Drive and enjoy in manual mode when it suits you, if you're leaving a busy highway slide it in to manual to get more control on the exit and while entering the next freeway for example. Also experiment with how it lets you switch in to manual for short periods... when on the highway in Auto downshift with the swithc, tear it up a little and when you level off it will automatically take over again.

Downshift too for engine braking... like in a stick, it isn't like a regulat automatic.

I think the bottom line is it is intelligent enough to not let you do anything stupid so you can experiment without worrying too much. If you're in manual mode and you get near the red line it will shift for you for example.

I love the tip... after 20 years driving manual cars I love it, it's not for everyone but for me I think it's perfect.

Chris.