View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #9
infiniteDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardc View Post
Ended up doing this myself in a hurry

I mailed my ecu/dme to protomotive first, their bypass doesn't work on any car with electronic gas pedal..

I grabbed an amazing shape junkyard box and swapped eeprom... it and was running same day

I'm not sure why they advertise the way they do.. ME7.2 is not compatible with the immo delete

Now there is someone overseas who is making immo emulators that use 3 wires attached inside the ecu...

I'm not sure if there will ever be a full immo delete, an emulator seems like a good middle ground.

Either way, i have a few functions back in my car that weren't working right over the past couple years, so all is well.

Swapping eeprom is absolutely the way to go here.. no shipping out your keys/ecu/potentially swapping locks/rfid etc... just one little chip and it's a literal clone.

thanks for the replies everyone, sorry for getting back to this late... i was pretty frantic over the holidays trying to figure this thing out and shpping my ecu all over the country for no reason
Good afternoon. I have been searching all over the forums trying to get more information on this and your post is the most resent one, I'm going to tackle this myself as well. just got a used DME and going to swap over my eeprom. would you be kind enough to point out which chip I'm looking at to swap? . if its possible to grab an image and circle the chip? I have an idea just don't want to pick at the wrong one. thank you!
infiniteDriven is offline   Reply With Quote