View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 05:15 AM   #2
husker boxster

I may not give you a definitive answer, but want to add a few tidbits to consider:

Be careful if you do a different seat between driver and passenger. All PCA regions will require you to have the same seat belts for driver and passenger. If you put a race seat in the driver's side, they may require you to have one for the passenger too. This is so an instructor riding along has the same protection as the driver. They may be lienient if you just had a sport seat for the driver and regular for the passenger, but be aware this could be a tech issue.

I have sport seats in my CSS. I notice at times I slide around in the seat. Not a lot, but I'm not fully strapped in and immobile. There may be just some inherent movement with any stock seat.

Maybe an alcantara insert would help? I have alcantara in my LE and while I don't get too rambunctious with her, the alcantara does keep me more planted in the seat. Maybe there'd be less friction taking a corner at 90mph that 50, but if you're having an upholsterer do some work an alcantara insert might be worth looking into.

I was wondering if you'd have to wire the airbags in the 987/997 seats but then remembered the airbag in a 986 is in the door, so no issues there.

Sorry for not giving you a definitive answer, but wanted to give you some more items to chew on.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote