View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
Skullb

Garage
UPDATE
Thanks to everyone on here for their invaluable help in fault finding and enabling me to finally get my porker running again.
I replaced the crank position sensor - car still had same symptoms - turns over but doesn’t fire , and when it does it dies immediately .
I put some more ( fresh ) fuel in just in case it was actually empty.- same old same old.
Got a can of MAF sensor cleaner😎 but thought I’d try the “test” I had seen on posts on this and other forums about MAF sensors i.e remove it and the car should start and run ( possibly enabling you to limp home or to a garage) - if it does start and run then possibly your MAF sensor is the problem.
Removed the MAF sensor to clean it but tried to start with the sensor removed and 😁😁😁😁😁😁yeeeeeeees. She started and runs.
Cleaned the MAF and let it dry.
Re-installed and ………no change - back to turn over fires and dies.😩😩😩
Thought to myself “ oh well at least I know to replace the MAF Sensor .- removed it again - retried without MAF sensor. yep still starts and runs - no fluke there. Decided to put the MAF sensor back the car until new one arrives - always the optimist- gave it a few more sprays with the cleaner - allowed to dry - inserted key - turned over , fired and ran like it used to .😁😁😁😁😁problem solved 👍👍👍
Of course it may be that the crank position sensor was not faulty all along But as I am not eager to repeat the polava of refitting the old one to find out , apart from a possible bench test I will assume I have a spare now.😎😎😎
Thanks to everyone for their help .
Gosh bless the internet and this forum .
Skullb is offline   Reply With Quote