View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 07:01 PM   #52
KevinH1990

I drove the car for about an hour and a half today. Here are my observations:

1. The 6 X 40 Haes amp was slightly warm to the touch, but there was no indication it was overheating.
2. I think the sound is noticeably better. I appreciate that this is a subjective evaluation performed without the benefit of "A-B" testing where I can directly compare the OEM speakers versus my replacement.
3. Using the Haes amp limits my ability to fine tune the sound. The information I've been able to find indicates that the crossover for the door channels is 50 hertz and there is no way to adjust the gain on the amp.
4. I am seriously considering adding a 2-channel amp with 100 watts of power per channel. This would allow me to run the door speakers off the subwoofer channels on my head unit and set the gain and cross over frequencies. I am not in a rush on this because I don't think I am damaging anything by using the Haes amp. When I work on the foam issue and remove the head unit I will run RCA cables and an amp turn on wire to the front trunk This will allow me to add an amp without taking the dash apart again.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 05-26-2022 at 07:03 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote