View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 06:43 AM   #166
truegearhead

To everyone's surprise the car survived Hyperfest last week! I'm shocked, I actually drove it back onto the trailer at the end of the weekend. I admit I had so little faith I even rented a garage at track. Overall the car did really well, but I did have some problems. At a 140mph the roof lifted about 8"s up and forward, fortunately the hinges held and I was able to hold the roof down with my hand until I could into the pits (the flaggers were not impressed with one handed driving but I was allowed back out). The second time out the rear fenders were sucked into the pavement but a few rivets later that was resolved. The only real problem I had was over around 4,800rpm the car would misfire badly at full throttle (anything under that, or just off full throttle it was perfect). I was adjusting the fuel table all day (it was running rich) but I don't think it ended up being a mixture problem. I pulled the plugs and they were perfect, I think the problem may be related to the stock weak coils I have.

truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote