Thread: I cheated
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 06:09 AM   #5
MrBen

Yes ; thank you Huck. I read all you posts and I value your opinion. I know you are a "car guy". I realize the move up will be a huge one. I will miss the manual, but 30 some years of construction have not done my knees any favors. Clutching is painfull some days. I have not pulled the trigger as yet. I want to learn more before I do. I've always been a GM guy but they never had a car like the Porsche 986. What a value. The C8 is that and then some. You just don't see any bad reviews. Maybe delivery or dealer complaints but the cars are stellar. I've been dreaming of this since they started talking about the mid engine vett. The dealer I'm working with, I have bought my last 3 new trucks from. Including one on order. As a matter of customer loyalty they will sell me one MSRP. I'm at 74k OTD right now. I put up a sizable deposit and get on a list. Once I'm 3 months out I can pick colors and options. I'm currently building a new home for me that will have a heated 3 stall garage. One for my truck, one for my grocery getter SRX, one for my sports car. For me its all about the driving experiance. I sold my last Harley last spring. This is it, I probably have 10 more goods years left then who knows. And that is not a given. I'm pretty conservative but thats how I got in the position I'm in. The other joy will be when I go to the grandkids birthday party and roll up in my new race car. See my x and her new Hubby come rolling in with their 2003 Dodge caravan. Sort of icing on the cake if you know what I mean.
MrBen is offline   Reply With Quote