View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 05:20 PM   #17
BIGJake111

Garage
Thank you guys for the replies.

I am surprised how valuable the complete car would be. My first boxster was bought at 6k (not the one listed.)

I am also surprised how surprisingly cheap a replacement engine may be… I would love to keep an analog car running and in fleet. In the short term I don’t have room for it or budget (if I want to buy a house in todays stupid market), but the car has space to sit for now and I expect to have plenty of “fun money” in the near future thanks to a recent switch to an employee owned company.

I’d hate to let it go if in tip top shape it could be a beautiful and quality car worth around 20k and inflating. Honestly makes me want to put a 3.4 in it… but priorities you know.

It’s a great car with litronics and the right rims from factory, given the right restoration it could be a great example of the legacy that has lead to 718 spyders and more today. (When I drove the car only the 981 had just come out.).

This is coming from someone that could walk away with a barely used 718 base in cash tomorrow but has different priorities. I would love to have a house first and a down payment is much more today than it was last year, much less 8 years ago.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote