View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
The after effect of the tranny oil change.

Just to start off;99',5-spd,55k,5 years & 32k on old tranny oil(had a new clutch installed at 23k)

I have been working on my cars 60k maintaince over the past few months and this and the fuel filter change are all thats left. Well not anymore,I changed the tranny oil this weekend! I used to bentley manual to help guide me,got the drain plug from MNBoxster(thanks!),3 Quarts of Redline MT-90 tranny oil(only 2.4 Quarts are used,$27) from Tognotti's and the 17mm hex key from Sears($8.99). Now changing the tranny oil wasn't hard but more time consuming. I used Redline MT90 Tranny Oil and the bottle it came in was way too big to fit in the tiny work area where the fill plug was. I found a smaller empty bottle of lawnmower oil,rinsed it out,ran some Redline oil in it,shook it up,turned it upside down to ensure I got all residue out then refilled it with Redline and poured it in the fill plug. Filled it w/ 2.4 Quarts,tightened the fill plug,Reconnected the underbody access panel and metal braces and I was off. I noticed right away that shifting from 1-2 & 2-3 was a little bit smoother.

By the way USED TRANNY OIL IS ONE OF THE WORST SMELLING SCENTS EVER!!!!

Now the next "operation"....FUEL FILTER! . Hopefully this one won't stain my garage floor like this project did.

Last edited by blinkwatt; 11-04-2006 at 11:33 AM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote