View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #8
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody3260 View Post
@Boxstard - thank you for the response. I like your advice, as that is what I decided to do. The proposed switch was being suggested only for cosmetic reasons. The 17" wheels were also locally available which made it a little more interesting. But I am staying with my 16's and moving on to other improvements. Thanks everyone!!
I know your feel, when things pop up locally at great price it’s tempting but I always step back and think what I would really get.

I got a 97 with 2.5, minimal power for today’s standard, so I’m super conscious to keep the car as quick as possible, and not going to spend monies on ‘upgrades’ that won’t really help making the car go faster or handles better. My car came with 17” wheels but frankly 255 rear seems overkill, like extra insurance against oversteer. So I got the stiffest factory rear sway bar from non-S M030 for more oversteering-bias and like it so far. When my current tires wear out, I’d upsize front to 225 and see if 255 rear tires can finally get pushed to the limit and get the most out of them through the corner.

Now the day is coming soon to put on snow tires and a hardtop for winter driving.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote