View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 06:17 AM   #1
PLP

Windows drop troubleshooting.

Here we go again...

I need to find out what I need to order to troubleshoot and fully resolve windows drop problem.

The symptoms are: sometimes they work, sometimes they do not.
There are days I pull the outside handle and the window drops, but when I release it - it goes up. Same from inside. It kind of like the door thinks it was not opened so the glass goes up. Most of the time - it will work OK on the drivers side. Passenger side - is the opposite. Only on very warm days it works, while on colder days it will not. Weird.

What I have tested so far are the switches in the door handles (both sides and both - inside and outside). The switches work just fine. No matter how little or how far I pull the handle - the circuit is interrupted correctly.

Windows opening and closing from the console switch works correctly. Automatically go up and down. No apparent problem there. Same with the roof - windows drop far to clear the roof operation.

They only do not go up after the procedure is finished. Is that also a problem?

I know there are more switches/microswitches, but I need to understand what else might be at fault.

I just want to order everything that possible might need to be replaced and replace what is really needed.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote