View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03b0x
any functions that porsche doesn't really tell you about the 01 boxsters at all? i know the bmw i used to have had certain features that no one ever told you..but are really neat. like speed sensing wipers and you can turn the key in the keyhole backwards and hold it for 4 seconds and it will close the windows for you.
Hi,

Don't know what you know or have already found out. But, all cars come with the OBC (On Board Computer), it just needs to be turned ON by the Dealer, and you may need the Ambient Temp probe and Grill. This will display the Ambient Temp. With the 4th Stalk on the Column Switch, or a MO switch, you can scroll through the functions: Range, Avg. MPG, Avg. Speed, Ambient Temp, Speed Alert, ('97-'00 Cars) in '01, they also added Stored Faults, Engine Oil Level Gauge and Digital Speedo.

The Boxster also has the convenience feature of opening/closing the windows if the turn and hold the key in the door lock for 2 sec.

In the '97-'00 (and I've heard some early '01s) the Climate Control can be put into a Diagnostic mode and display up to 36 different Climate Control and Engine Functions including Ture Speed (in kph) without the Porsche Safety Factor (usually +3-5mph), Oil Temp, Coolant Temp (in °C), etc.

You can trigger the Motion Sensor with the Top Down by using the Red Clip on the Top Latch Receiver.

There may be more, but these are all I can think of off the top of my head...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote