View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #46
Silber

OK, current status:

- Splitting of the cases went well, no FOD in oil pump, in fact internally it looked almost brand new. Crank and all rods move freely. I'm about 99% certain none of the carnage got sucked up into the oiling system. Hoping to break down the crank cradle this weekend and get the crank to the shop for Magnaflux next week. Brought both my original and the spare block to LN, they said build the spare for sure, my original block while technically still buildable, is best utilized as scrap metal.

- I thought long and hard about Gilles' suggestion to have a professional do my measuring. That makes the most sense. I'd have to spend ~$3-400 on the measuring tools, and even then I wouldn't know how to use them appropriately. I called a local High Performance Porsche engine builder, and they said if I bring Crank/Rods/Cradle in cleaned up and ready to assemble, they are willing to do all the measuring quite reasonably.

As an added bonus, they have their own dyno and an in-house expert Porsche DME tuner, so I can likely use them for my tuning once I'm up and running. They are doing a Cayman 3.4-3.8 right now, and were certain they can get me running right. That gives me more confidence than having Softronic do it remotely from a couple of dyno pull graphs. Never been to their shop, will check it out and make the final decision re tuning when I go in to have the measuring done.

regards,

Silber
Silber is offline   Reply With Quote