View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 06:21 AM   #21
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silber View Post
You might be right, I don’t think it will hurt anything to make sure that the intake seals completely.

However, Something caused #2 to self destruct. The spark plug got so hot only on that cylinder such that the boot partially melted and stuck to it.

That much heat is usually caused by overly lean, caused by too much air or not enough fuel, or a combination of the two.

I already bought 6 new injectors, so covered not enough fuel. Making sure the intake seals should cover too much air. Think that should keep the new motor from suffering the same fate, any thoughts?

Regards,

Steve
Perhaps you could look at the exhaust valve seats and see if there is evidence of excessive heat. Or if there are other signs of excessive heat on the head, piston, or any area around cyl. #2. The piston should show signs.
My thought is that your engine went because of a mechanical issue versus a fuel/Air issue.
It is possible that a single cyl. went lean and burned up but it should have showed signs of that before imploding. You should have felt the cyl. dropping out or something.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote