View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #6379
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Last week I took apart my dash to double check the wiring and connections for my OBC install. It had been a while since I did the original install, and I broke the emergency flasher switch while removing it, because I didn't squeeze the two tabs on the sides while pulling on it. I found a used one on eBay for $18.55 delivered including sales tax, better than the $70 cost for a new one and ordered it. Today I went for a ride in my Boxster with no emergency flasher switch. Fun fact I learned, the turn signals don't work if there is no flasher switch installed on a 2003! At first I panicked, thought I was going to have to pull everything apart again, and then realized there was no flasher switch installed, and the wipers, OBC and cruise control all worked, and I thought that could be the reason for no turn signals. Got back home and UPS had delivered my new (used) switch. Popped it in and voila, the turn signals work again!
It's always fun learning these caveats! I wonder if it's because of the canbus on the 03-04

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk