View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #23
JackG

To my statement:
"I suspect you didn't get under your Boxster and look around, or it would be clear and obvious that there are two places that could be mistaken for each other."
Jim wrote:
"<- WTF is this?? I was just under it last week changing Oil and Plugs for winter storage, FWI."

Hmmm... no happy pills at your house?

If you'll look back over my last several posts, I have written a couple of times about the two different points, how they look, and how they can be identified. The pics even clearly show two totally different places. Notice how there are no cats and muffler in the Bentley manual pic, but they are clearly visible in the rainy day pic.
You still came back and stated "There is only one 'U' shaped (sort of) cross member under the car, and it is clearly shown in both pics. I raise my car similarly to the pic shown from the Rainy Day website, but this is the same area described in the 2nd pic..."

The fact that you wrote the quote above made it appear that you've spent very little quality time under your Boxster. That's all I said.

I have removed the sheet metal brace and diagonal braces on mine twice now... once for the inner and outer CV boot replacement, and once for the transmission oil change. I'm quite familiar with that whole area. Even so, I did see the difference the first time before I even attempted to jack it up. Maybe I just read carefully, study the pictures, and am more observant than some.

Have a great day!
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote