View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #10
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
insurance sucks, such a waste of money. Truly outrageous that after 6 years I'll have paid out nearly 1/3 of the purchase of my car.
the insurance person on the phone said "you would be amazed how many people buy a car up front no financing and don't but full coverage on it".
I thought to myself is that really so crazy? I've payed out well north of 20K in insurance in the last 10 years. Numbers of claims I have filed? ZERO.

p.s.
Try leland West. They have very low insurance prices but the car has to be a garage queen.
Hi,

I hear your frustration, but you're looking at it the wrong way. The true value of Insurance isn't that you get the same $$ benefit back from it. It is from being protected if ever anything should go wrong. But, don't forget, you're actually paying for the damage done by less careful and skilled Drivers, this is a prime component of fixing the rates - actual losses.

Like a Safety Harness for a Rock Climber, if he never falls from the Cliff Face, the Safety Harness was a waste of Money, no? That's what you're essentially saying. The value to the Rock Climber is having it just in case.

If you think of it in these terms, it lessens the frustration somewhat...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote