View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehkang View Post
Thank you blue62.
Of course you are right. It's got to be the battery.

The battery is still under a partial warranty at Pepboys. I will push back this weekend.

Blue62, do you have experience with something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z67MMGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It say it can do load test. Should I trust it?
No experience with that one but some limited experience with other makes.
Yes it looks like it will load test. The range is 100-2000 Cold Cranking Amps.
Looks like you can do some other testing with it.

What I usually do is voltage drop tests when I am having issues with starting or charging systems.
A good quality Digital Voltage meter is a valuable diagnostic tool when it comes to anything electric on an automobile.
Understanding an electrical system, how to test it and access are the real issues.
With a good quality Digital Voltage Meter you can test O2 sensors, fuel injectors,
Maf sensors. Anything electrical on your car. Most of the time you can find info on how to do the test on the Web and or Youtube.
I think your much better off with a good Digital Voltage Meter.
Much more useful.
I just have to go back to youtube or the Web when I want to do things like a voltage drop test. So I know I am doing them correctly.

If you have a place like Battery Plus they will load test your battery free of charge.
Autozone Pepboys, places like that they can't even count your change.
Just buy things you need there, don't take advice from them.

When you buy a battery you want the on with the most Cold Cranking Amps that will fit in the car and you can afford.
It will cost you more but it will last longer.
At least that is my experience.
Keep a battery tender on is if it is not a daily driver.

Last edited by blue62; 07-29-2021 at 08:14 PM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote