View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:17 AM   #8
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 5 View Post
Yea was really hoping to touch base with him but no luck. There were a few others who did a supercharger on some threads as well but was unable to get a hold of them either. Figured that was the case considering how long ago the postings were.

I shouldn't have but did stumbled upon a TPS Supercharger kit and picked it up. Seems to have everything other then the actual fuel controller. TPS didnt really help much but if I remember reading somewhere they used Unichip for the Fuel controller and thats it. No timing or anything other then additional fuel from the 7th injector. Its only boosting 5lbs so they stated fuel controller is all I need and I should be good.

I found a few controllers like the Perfect Power, Split Sec and Unichip who stated they can work.
You are correct, TPS uses Unichip for their tuning. A memeber on here installed a unichip for fueling adjustments (I think it was j fro?) so you can check out his threads.

If you install the intake piping from the SC before the MAF, the MAF should be able to measure your air and make fuel corrections accordingly. Thats why I said to use a 996 tune - (note that I havent verified this yet but it makes sense to me) low boost is going to move enough air that it will be close to the ballpark for what a 3.2NA will move, and the computer doesnt care what the actual displacement for the motor is or NA vs FI, it just sees air movement and feeds it fuel accordingly. You may be able to get away with using the stock 986 tune but I would be concerned that you will reach your enrichment limit and run lean. The other upside of using a 996 tune is that if you are running near stoich in closed loop and having detonation issues, you should be able to disconnect the MAF which will kick the car into open loop operation which will enrichen your mixture.

Out of curiosity, where the hell did you find a TPS SC kit? They are ancient - before you put all the work into it, you may want to have a good mechanic check it out to make sure that all is well with the system. Those things have to be oiled, and I would be concerned that if its been sitting for a long time you may have some bearing issues.