Thread: Car Dies
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #25
ike84

I'm not well versed with the timing issues so I'll pass to blue one that one. I can talk for days about the injector leaks though. Our oem injectors are prone to sticking open. It's happened to several members. You will smell gas in your crank case when you open the oil fill tube and if you change your oil it will run out like water. This most often will happen after the car sits for a while. Piwis software (and durametric I think) allows you to turn off individual injectors to try to troubleshoot some issues but there's no great way to tell if an injector is leaking except for pulling them and testing. Testing is a process best done by reputable shops but it's not cheap. What is cheap is to retrofit 986.2 Bosch injectors - you'll pay less for them new than you will to have the old ones recalibrated. While timing issues will cause intake backfires, a leaking injector will not. I agree that it sounds as though you may have more than one problem. I would check your oil. If it reeks of gas and is thin as water you can at least start to nail down one issue.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk