Thread: Car Dies
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 03:24 AM   #22
gabedrummin

Garage
I connected the durametric and it shows cylinder 4 with misfire's . I do have to admit I don't know what I'm looking at . I'm not a professional mechanic and I don't understand what I am seeing when using the durametrics software .There is a box for each cylinder .I put a check in each box at the left for each cylinder ,on the right side of the page is a box and for each cylinder and for cylinder 4 I see the number counting up .So I assume there is a problem with cylinder 4 . I don't think I used my words right to explain the problem . When I try to accelerate the engine runs choppy its not revving cleanly .What I said was a bog is the engine not having that snappy response when you hit the gas . I hit the pedal fast the motor cant rev fast because its back fires thru the intake as the engine rpm increase and once it gets above 2 thousand rpm I don't notice it running bad .When I press the gas slowly the motor has time to accelerate . And I don't hear backfires. So I guess you are all right its either a bad injector or I have a dead cylinder . I guess I could change the coil pack to another cylinder But I doubt the miss fire will follow the coil .I don't think its timing or it should show one or both banks with a problem ? Porsche dealer had said multiple cylinders were misfiring but I don't see that . I see one. If this was a fuel pump problem I think all cylinders should have an issue .When I had the heads off the car all the cylinders looked great no scuffing no scoring a nice even colored wall . I have been a tool maker for 35 years and understand making parts and the walls were not worn . I so do appreciate all your help and patience helping me .Thank you all

Last edited by gabedrummin; 07-20-2021 at 03:28 AM.
gabedrummin is offline   Reply With Quote