Thread: Car Dies
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
Please I need help. My Car has been idling poorly .backfires thru intake occasionally when accelerating runs rough to about 1500 rpm then smooths out .When coming to a stop rpm goes below 300 and sometimes the car dies before rpm stabilizes at Normal idle speed . It will fire right back up and has no codes . I took the car to the Porsche Dealership , they had the the car for 4 weeks .After two weeks they said they don't see any vacuum leaks no codes and they do not know what's wrong ? Suggested replacing mas air flow sensor. They said they were pretty sure that's the problem. They replaced the sensor and said its better but not right .This cost 900.00 . They said to make it right I need to replace my coils and injectors to get the car running right cost 2200.00 more. I said I will come get the car . The coils in the car were 6 months old .I guess at this point I have no choice but to change injectors myself .6 months ago I had to have a cracked heads replaced and it has not run right sine then .I pulled the engine myself and sent the heads to Hoffmans machine. Is it possible My trimming is a off 1 degree or so and causing these problems .? Or do you have any idea whats my problem ? Thank you all.
So I need basic information to start:
Year of car.
Mileage
any modifications including air filter.
Any idea what caused the original heads to crack??
Did both heads crack.???

all work done trying to fix the issue.
Any CEL or codes in the past??

Get your hands on a standard vacuum test gauge and do a vacuum test at the intake, with the car fully warmed up and at idle. Record the reading and the action of the needle if any. Such as steady needle, needle drifting between two readings, needle ticking.

When sitting in neutral engine fully warmed up what is the idle RPM?
What is the idle like??? steady? hunting? up and down?????

If idle is rough hold RPM at 1500-2500 does the engine smooth out??

The more info you can give me the better chance I have of helping you.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote