View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #17
Jasper7821

Garage
I do understand, but the long RCA video cable front to back has the reverse wire and +-wires in the line. Since it's connected to the reverse line in the radio and the other end is tapped into the reverse in the tail light along with the camera as well, isn't that connected to the car's reverse wire on both ends?
And I'm tapping the + wire from the camera also to the reverse wire on the tail light. That way it's only powered when the car is in reverse and send 12v to the camera.

I haven't mounted the camera yet but everything is working fine how it's connected. The monitor switches to the camera view when I put the car in reverse, so it's all good.
Curious though, while I was testing, I tapped into the reverse wire in the light harness and the camera came on. I didn't even have the negative connected yet. Is that because there's also negative in the video cable and I don't need to worry about the negative wire ?

Quick clip of it working. It's also nice because this radio has a long startup, but if you put it in reverse while the radio is booting up, it quickly goes to the camera view.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atil9WC21-BZgdEgtgDHSiRdzbJuUw?e=TjLJ3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
Not sure you are understanding how all of this needs to be wired.

The radio has to be connected to a reverse wire
the camera has to be connected to a reverse wire, 12+ & ground

The reverse wire on the radio is required for it to know when you are in reverse. On the camera is also for the same thing, but also to turn it on.

Last edited by Jasper7821; 07-18-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote