View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 10:11 AM   #16
Jasper7821

Garage
I'll look at removing the bumper.
I've already connected the video RCA cable to the head unit and the reverse wire to the reverse wire on the radio as well.
When I get the camera finally installed and the cable run back to it and tapped into the Blue/Black of the tail light it should all work and the monitor should go into camera view when putting the car in reverse.
When I was using wireless, I needed to find the reverse wire of the car under the dash since the wireless only receives the video signal. But now since that's not working, the reverse wire of the radio will be directly connected to the reverse wire in the tail light after it's all connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
You need to remove the bumper to do this. It only takes 10-20 minutes to remove it. Going through the tail light is going to cause a water leak, I wouldn't go that route. Done this on a few 986 & many other cars. It really is not difficult.

You also have to wire the HU to a reverse wire so it can detect it plus the rca cable from the camera to the HU. Any competent audio shop can do this but dont let them drill through any metal, there are holes in the car you can use already. All in a a complete HU, speaker & rear camera install shouldnt take more then a day if you take your time.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote