View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 07:21 PM   #9
Jasper7821

Garage
Thanks, I didn’t remove the bumper off, guess that’s why I can’t see that picture. I’ll check out that stuff.
I have a wireless system so I have the transmitter already tapped into the reverse light in the trunk, just have to route the wires from the camera to to the wires in the trunk. To get the radio to switch to camera view when I put the car in reverse, I have to tap the receiver into the reverse wire up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
Going to ask a dumb question, but do you have the bumper off? If so the wire & grommet in the picture about will be pretty obvious. They go into the trunk.

Suggest doing some youtube browsing on hooking up the camera. They are all universal for power, ground & reverse wire. Also for future you should be able to find the wiring for alarm/radio on the12volt.com. It will have many cars so keep it in your favorites for any other wiring diagrams.

Also suggest watching Aaron's Help Me DIY channel. With what you are doing you will want to watch it. Saves searching & asking questions cause a double din install is all there for you.

For the reverse wire you should be able to pick it up at the rear lights. Keep in mind you have to wire things also to the head unit.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote