View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Ok Jim,

Heres what i learned...

My radiator fans will not turn on at 96 celcius, They turn on at 103, and stay on until the coolant temp reaches 100. If it matters, the Ambeint outside Temp was at 61 degrees.

Why would the fans turn on so late? i checked them twice, during idle they will turn on only at 103 celcius until temp goes down to 100 celcius. Can the dealer program it to trigger at 96.75?
Hi,

If I had to guess, and this is essentially what I'm doing, I'd say that either your Coolant Temperature Sensor or your Cooling Fan relays are showing their age and not operating at 100%. The Software in the DME didn't suddenly start looking for 103°C instead of 96.75°C. Ambient Temp would have nothing to do with the Default Parameters, though it would with normal operating ones (1 component the DME uses).

We're only talking about 6°C here and that could well be within any innacuracies of the Temp Sender or the Gauge or Climate Display. It's not affecting anything. I doubt the MAPs are affected, nothings going to melt, you're not creating appreciably more emissions or suffering any reduced performance. I think you're just obsessing. But, if it bugs you that much, start by cleaning the radiators, replacing the Fan Relays, and changing the Coolant, and see what effect that has on the readings. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote