View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
Jasper7821

Garage
Cannot get the transmission bracket (aluminum cover) back on, holes do lot line up

I've read through all the threads and seems the solution is a ratchet strap on the bottom of the subframe braces. Will try that this evening but wondering if that will work for my situation.
I can get the cover over the subframe studs and the rear strut studs. But then the front holes are about 1/4" forward of the holes in the crossmember. I can put a punch through one side and pull back and get the other hole a little closer but not enough to get the bolt in straight.
Then if I pull the cover back off and loosely install the crossmember bolts, I can get the right subframe side on and left rear subframe. But the two left front subframe studs are at least 1/4" forward of the two holes in the cover. (attached photo)

If I use a ratchet strap isn't it just going to pull the studs inward? I need them to go towards the rear and not inward.
Also, If I install it the first way I can get all the nuts on except for the front holes are 1/4" forward of the holes in the crossmember. Again, wouldn't a strap just pull the subframes closer together on the bottom and not move the aluminum plate towards the rear 1/4" ?
I have the nuts a little loose on the upper subframe hoping it would help line the holes up, but it doesn't.

Last edited by Jasper7821; 06-24-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote