View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #14
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
The only place I found that would was in CO but it was going to cost at least $5K. With my engine rebuild going to cost an astronomical amt,
Husker, taking my car (987CS) to the track for two seasons with the POC, I ruined my pinion bearing, perhaps for not installing a transmission cooler and sent the gearbox to GBox in CO, while it was that shop I decided to install an OS Giken LSD as well, but when I received the gearbox I noticed that they stripped the head of one of the bolts of the input shaft flange, and the shop didn't bother to replace it..,

This shop also didn't return the open differential when they shipped the transmission back to me and after I complained they simply told me that they could not find it and I could not do anything about it.. however the worse came a few months later after I lost the ability to engage fifth gear (..!!)

After removing the transmission I decided to bring it in person to CMS (California Motor Sports) in Lake Havasu, AZ and they kindly open the case while I waited, and reveal that the selector fork for 5th gear had lost it's locking pin, and that pin was loose inside the gearbox for the few days I was using the car without been able to engaging 5th gear

Needless to say I would Never consider sending a gearbox to GBox for their poor craftmanship and terrible customer service.. In the other hand many of the SoCal speed shops praise the quality and professional support they get from CMS, give them a call and you will be surprised that you may not need more than 2-3k to rebuild your gearbox https://californiamotorsports.net/

Good luck!

Last edited by Gilles; 06-23-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote