View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #6328
RedTele58

Waiting for the immobilizer to come back for my project 2000 Base car. I took a little time this afternoon to swap out the black seatbelts with some red ones I has stashed. Since that project puts you half way to installing spin locks for a hardtop or Speedster Humps, I went ahead and dropped them in too. They are surprising easy to do.

For you guys that have never done either of these projects, both are pretty basic and straightforward. The first time installing spin locks I kind of dreaded it from what I'd read, but after installing several sets on my different cars, it takes more time to get the tools out and put back up then it takes to install them. Seat belts are easy too.

This week as the Post Office and the UPS and FedEx guys make their deliveries, I should have everything I need to update all the clapped out Soft Touch interior trim pieces. I'm going back a year to the black/gray pieces from '97-'99. The center console will be painted, new parking brake and shifter, GT3 console delete kit installed. Then I have to find a 3-spoke Metropol Blue steering wheel and airbag. I think I'll install a short shift kit too while I have the console out.

For you all who are familiar with the Martini racing livery from the '70s-'80s, you'll notice a theme starting on this car. Martini normally started with a white car with red, dark blue and light blue colors for their livery. I think that's where this car is going. (Ignore the purple hardtop - it'll be white when painted. I was able to pick it up last weekend in the Dallas area for $850. A great deal and a great fellow Boxster guy I bought it from.)

More to come...
Attached Images

Last edited by RedTele58; 06-13-2021 at 06:48 PM.
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote