View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #22
bcrdukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986 Boxster View Post
Did you experience less body roll with the track focused alignment?
I got pretty much the same suspension set up that you have and I was looking to add an H&R rear sway bar, but after I had a track focused alignment done, after installing the suspension, most of the body roll, if not all is gone now.
ike84 is right, the factory staggered set up of 205 front & 255 rear on these cars suck, I was experiencing a lot of understeer before I changed to 225`s at the front also. I mentioned that before on a thread on here and I am surprised that none of the track gurus pointed to the width of the front tires as the cause of the understeer.
The track focused alignment was very aggressive, which reduced body roll a bit but it just wasn't practical for driving on the street. My personal preference is to keep a mild alignment and to let a sway bar provide assistance or compliment the overall suspension capabilities. I am debating if I want a rear sway bar, but will have to wait. I ended up buying a Tarrett GT3-style front sway bar and will try that first and decide if I want a rear later on.

I don't think I would recommend my previous alignment to anyone. There were a few scary moments on the street, even at traffic speed.