View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #5
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadweller View Post
Greetings!

My '98 base w/ Tip is going into the shop in a couple of weeks for some maintenance items, and while it's there, I was going to have an update I've read about installed that seems to eliminate the start up rattle issue.

I believe the part is updated from the original by the addition of some sort of spring that holds pressure on the tensioners. For some reason, I haven't been able to find it via search.

Could someone please let me know what parts I need for this upgrade, and is it truly compatible with my '98?

Has anyone done the upgrade and arrived at an acceptable outcome?

Thanks!
I think you’re talking about the oil pressure relief valve with the updated bevel and spring. There is no additional spring that holds pressure on the tensioners. No guarantee that this will cure the startup valve train chain rattle. Just Google ‘986 oil pressure relief valve’ for more info.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote