View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:09 AM   #6327
dsallean

Super excited to complete a project with such a great outcome as this. Been contemplating new seats or taking the car into an upholstery shop and having new seat coverings made (or purchased online) and installed. I have done complete interiors on a few cars and I know how expensive it can be. Been really dreading it...

My interior is Savannah Beige and the bolster of my drivers seat is torn pretty bad. Already been thru the process of filling and recoloring the seats with pretty good success initially but over the last few years the seat repair just didn't hold up to regular use.

Browsing the Bay a while back I notices some sellers with seat covers from parts cars for various parts of the seats. I found a Savannah Beige seat back cover with no rips or tears for only $80 plus shipping. Fast forward, I was able to replace my torn seat covers with this replacement and just freshly colored (airbrushed) it with some leftover color from the prior job and damn if it doesn't look almost as good as new. And best of all no rips!

Don't have before and after pics handy but I was surprised how easy it was to remove the old seat cover and install the new one. And all for significantly less than a whole new interior.
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote