Thread: Panel switches
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:42 AM   #2
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traco View Post
Has anyone seen any after market rocker switches that would fit here and look OEM?

I'd like to wire the headunit through it. Currently I need ignition on but a rocker switch would be handier and radio could be on without the key if I wanted.

Probably not any available but thought I'd check.
What year is that? I haven't seen a center console that doesn't have the buttons slanted.

You can find a bunch of different types of switches for sale. There's a targa roof button for example that closely resembles a garage door. 996-613-119-10-A05-OEM. Or one to activate the rear spoiler. 996-613-155-00-A02-OEM. These aren't cheap though. I've never seen an aftermarket company make one.

I've also seen at least one post where a guy used a blank and made a functioning switch out of it. I search may help you.

Btw, I too have been toying with the idea or a push start button. Where I'm at right now is removing the ignition switch all together and running the "run" function on a flip switch and then ignition would be a push button. Kinda rocket-ship-esque.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ike84; 06-09-2021 at 04:45 AM.
ike84 is offline   Reply With Quote