View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #5
LincolnPeters
Perhaps the worst example

Meant to get back here but got busy with work.

Ike, I’m running the same 225 front as you and concur on the under steer solution. My early and novice experience is wow, MR cars don’t give you much chance to correct over steer once they let go in a corner with wider tires. I’m relatively new to the car and amazed how well it handles in AutoX, but there’s def a few tank-slippers waiting on the limit— I’ve had two. Which were both probably predictable in hindsight and very exciting, lol. Second and third gear stuff, so not too crazy and I need to play around there more to get a better sense of the limit and over-correcting, if that makes sense.

Never had anything more narrow up front than 225/17 since getting the car four months ago. Used a newish 15mm spacer up front with that and would have kept that along with 25mm in back to try for DD/autoX but I made my cross-thread mistake and had to pull the 25’s off until I get a longer bolt to replace the one I damaged. New tires shipped and 5mmF/15mmR should get some track time this weekend and I’ll report back. Then move back to 15/25 and see how that feels. Wheels are about half an inch wider than OEM.