View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
LincolnPeters
Perhaps the worst example

You think they’re pretty sweet, too? They were a bonus gift from a member here and after driving them (only gently on pretty much corded and cycled to death tyres) for a week back forth to work they seem like an awesome option... I’ll throw some mostly shot-out Federal SS595’s that are at least safe and huck them around a bit at some point to see if I can tell much difference from OEM. The wheels seem like unicorns and worth figuring out. I had them spaced 25mmR/15mmF until I learned a valuable lesson about never again using an impact gun to thread bolts, so for now we’ll only be using the 15mm in the rear. Doh!
But I meant to say back there before I forget that 25/15mm setup was quite a ride change— lateral track felt inches wider from the cockpit. I’d wanted to take it AutoX like that this weekend with “said setup” to see how it changed things at the limit. Probably better this way since it’s only my second time out killing cones, but you know how it’s always so tempting to want to be changing everything up before even really knowing what you already have? So for now we’ll be 15mmR/5mm front on OEM wheels/fresh RE-71’s— for those of us newbs comparing notes on spacer setups, etc...