View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 03:57 AM   #25
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Howdy! Itīs been a long and frustrating road for me, during the winter I installed the following on my 03s:

-987 airbox
-987 MAF
-74mm TB
-IPD-plenum (From a 3.4 Cayman)
-New oem injectors (Why not)
-Ebay headers
-Testpipes
-FVD Sound version

The car started right up, but as expected it didnīt run well due to the larger MAF diameter. It runs well the first 1/3 of the trottle position but if I get on the throttle it dies. I had an appointment with a tuner two month ago to fix the MAF part and do the mapping, but due to an extreme amount of bad luck we never got it done. Very long story btw ;-)

Anyway, now I have found another tuner that will take on the project starting tomorrow, so if everything works out I will have my car back in working order on friday, then I will find out at least what my well calibrated but dyno tells me. [emoji14]
The new tuner has just changed location and I donīt think they have the Dyno installed yet so, I donīt expect to get any real numbers unfortunately.. However at this stage I just want to have the car back in working order not to miss the track days in June. Wish me luck! :dance:
Robert, all you need is a 996 tune. You can do this with a piwis. I don't know how much your tuner is charging but buying the piwis com box online is not very expensive and the software can be found with the help of Mr Google.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk