Thread: It's BS! :(
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #26
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Sydney is at the doctor's office and will be starting her 2 mo (hopefully) heart surgery. Now that I'm past the sticker shock, I'm looking forward to the results.

Sorry Paul, I didn't answer your question from earlier. I think it will be a couple of yrs before Jake's new process is commercially viable. My initial thought on going with the 2500 mi engine was in conjunction w/ Jake's new system. I'd put the 2500 mi engine in, then wait 2 yrs and have my original rebuilt with the new liners. Then I'd be able to keep my original engine (vs exchanging it for one already rebuilt). And when my engine was done, I could pull the 2500 mi engine and sell it. This process would have gotten me back on the road in short order, rather than getting in line with Raby or L&N and waiting 18 mo. Since EvoSpec can get me turned around in 2 mo (hopefully), I can live with that as down time, esp since I have Punkin to drive in the summer mo.
It will be worth the wait, with the 3.8 and some goodies like a tune and headers your HP should be in Cayman R or GT4 zip code! Here's to hoping LN's platers can move it through asap!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote