View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 04:46 AM   #1
PLP

Climate control errors - mixing flap, recirculation/fresh air. MOST reset?

Not sure if that is all caused by the aftermarket radio install... which was a bit sloppy, if you ask me.

Here is the screen shot from Durametric.

Symptoms: no heat although the heater core is hot. Error 26 Mixing flap motor fault
While researching it, I confirmed the fresh air/recirculation flap does not actuate either.

What works?
Basically everything else is fine.
I can change the temperature, adjust the blower, change direction of the air. It also works fine in automatic mode.
I also have the foam flying around. I know this one and solution for it. I will get to it eventually.

So, my work around during 15 hours drive in cold weather, where 6 were in rain, and another 3 in snow.
I managed to squeeze my hands under the flap motor and disconnected the arm from the flap.
The flap dropped automatically to the hot position. I could easily move it, so I know it has free movement.
Heat started blowing right away and I could continue my journey.

Anyway, what we could do here? What am I looking at?
Also, would the system be in German language?
It shows F for temp, but MANUELL for manual operation mode. Not sure if it has any significance here.

This is one I am not sure how to bite. Not only poor access, but some wiring messed up from the radio install.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote