View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #4
PLP

I drove it 1000 miles since I put my hands on it.
900 miles of it was a trip from Boston, MA to Lansing, MI.
The sound did not really change except some variation with ambient temp. Somehow when warmer it would be "wider band" of the vibration, while colder - narrower and kind of like less present.

Since I had polyurethane filled mounts on my other cars, this is how it feels here.
At idle some of it, then gets smoother to hit a certain band (2.2k rpm) and gets smoother again. For me it felt like completely broken mount.

Also, what I see is a quite big movement of the gear shifter with load/coast changeover.

And one more thing. The exhaust pipes are very close, like just millimeters from the stabilizer bar. Normal?

As for durametric.
Yes, it is a rental that I have till Sunday.
I checked the cams and they are off by about 4 or 2 degrees. Not sure now, but I think at idle it was -1.0 and -2.7 OR +1.0 and -2.7 (hence 2 or 4 degrees difference).
Under different RPM they would nicely track each other and remain at about the same "spread".

No, no codes for the engine except the clutch switch, which is actually caused by the previous owner who... decided to bypass the clutch to start the car without the need to depress it.
I will not argue, maybe there was a need for it. I will; however, revert it back to normal, as it will definitely interfere with Cruise Control I am going to install.

I will check the Torque Pro and look for misfires under different engine speeds.
I was told the coils and spark plugs were replaced less than 10k miles ago.
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote