View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 AM   #16
rfuerst911sc

There is a CV joint rebuilder about an hour from me . Last year I was near their shop so decided to stop by to see their operation . Spoke with the owner he's been doing this for a long time . For Porsche's he only will rebuild OEM axles .

He will not touch aftermarket axles at all , says the quality is poor and in many cases the balls/races are either undersized or of very poor metal . His generic comment " they are all Chinese junk " .

So hearing what he said and showing me some of the differences I purchased a set of used OEM axles as spares . They are in good condition with good boots . My S has a torn boot so I am going to pull both axles and replace with the used set . I will then have that rebuilder repair my original axles . They will be ready if/when the used set needs to be rebuilt . And I will have that set rebuilt also .

Should keep me going for a long time and I know they will be top quality and fit perfectly . With the extra power my engine makes going cheap on axles would be silly .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote